PROPERTY STANDARDS – GUARANTEED RENT NORTH WEST LONDON
Of 1st january 2021
Regal Portfolio Management are keen to acquire new properties that are completed to a high standard. If you are a landlord that owns a well-maintained property in North West London or neighbouring areas, you could be suitable for our Guaranteed Rent Scheme.
Our scheme works by us effectively becoming your tenant, guaranteeing your monthly rental income. We then sub-let the property to carefully selected tenants and manage your property throughout the tenancy.
Through our extensive knowledge of the North West London rental market, spanning over 20 years, we understand the importance of a well-maintained property and it’s correlation with the best rental yields. Having a property that is in top condition, allows us to offer you the best rental rates and minimises future management issues and maintenance costs.
Here are a few property standards that you will need to address before you lease your property to us:
Gas Safety Certificate (pass with no recommendations)
- NICEIC Certificate (pass with no recommendations)
- EPC Certificate (Minimum D rating)
- Fire Risk Assessment – Applicable only to flats with common areas
- 3 x sets of keys (including for communal doors and one letterbox key)
- Buildings Insurance (a copy of your fill buildings insurance policy and cover)
Steps you need to take:
Ensure your property is in good decorative order
- The kitchen has a fire-door with self-closer and fire strips
- Fire blanket in the kitchen with fire extinguisher and carbon monoxide detector
- Mains Power smoke alarm on each floor for the property
- Mains powered heat detector in the kitchen
- Each room has its own natural light
- No existing condensation issues present
- Kitchens and bathrooms must have enclosed light fittings
- Each room has at least two working sockets
- First floor and above windows are fitted with restrictors.
Please ensure the
property does not:
Have any electrical sockets on the skirting boards
- Have overgrown gardens
- Have any dangerous trip hazards in the property
- Have a connected gas heater
- Have any internal locks on doors other than bathrooms and WCs
- Have any blocked drainage or gutters
- Have any exposed pipe work that is not boxed in
If we come across a property which needs substantial work to it before it can be classed as meeting all legal Health & Safety Standards, we can carry out all works required and deduct the costs from the landlord’s ongoing monthly rent, helping your short-term cash flow.
If you’re a landlord in North West London or the surrounding areas that has one or more properties which meets our property standards listed above, get in touch with our professional team today on 020 8459 2530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to find out if you could be eligible for our Guaranteed Rent Scheme.